If you’re running a business that relies heavily on direct mail, you’ve probably already gotten to the point where you need to find a reliable and cost-effective solution for picking your packaging. You can take hours out of your day by choosing the right type of boxes for your business — here’s everything you need to know.
- Why are mailer boxes important to your business?
- How do you pick the right size of the box?
- Where can I get affordable boxes when I need them?
- What are the main types of mailer boxes, and what are they used for?
1. Why are mailer boxes important to your business?
Mailer boxes are important to your business because they help it stand out. Custom mailer boxes are more durable than boxes you’ll find in your local grocery store, so they can be reused and repurposed to help you with shipping and storage. Mailer boxes are also stylish and help to improve your business’s image.
So, what kind of mailers can you fit into your business’ mailings?
- Do you have enough budget for your business? Some mailers cost around $50-$200 to create, but in the beginning, it’s crucial to have a strong understanding of how much you can afford to spend. Having enough money to buy a large volume of mailers, which are much less expensive nowadays, will make a big difference in your business’s mailings.
What is necessary in order to make your mailings stand out?
A good goal for your mailings is to send out deep, meaningful mailings, so it’s more likely to garner a response. We’ve all been in a situation where we didn’t get the response we were looking for, but in the end, it didn’t matter. By sending out customer-focused mailings that are personalized and meaningful, you are more likely to receive a response.
Most of the good quality and durable items you will need to purchase for your business include:
If you are a small business, you can use inexpensive envelopes, such as newspaper-sized circulars, for your mailing. These envelopes are not very durable, so it’s best to use at least double-grade envelopes, which are durable but less expensive.
If you are a local business that has multiple locations across the country, there’s a small cost of creating a heavy-duty business card in a bound, color banner. These cards can be posted up all around your office, so they will always be visible.
2. How do you pick the right size of the box?
- This is the most common question asked by customers when they call me. The right size of the box depends on the product you’re shipping. For example, if you’re shipping a shirt or another thin product, you can fit it in an A4 size box, but if you’re shipping a projector, you need to use a bigger box. Here are the 6 types of boxes you should consider using. You don’t have to use every single one of them, but try to fill the gaps in your mailing list with the various types.
- It will reveal the brand and weight of the Mailer you’re sending, but what does it do? When you send out a postcard with this massive box on it, it’s going to reveal that your value is true only on the other side of the world. A good postcard with the right message will become the clincher of your campaign. If your purpose is showing your love to specific people that matter outside of your local community, then you can send a postcard to everyone who’s on your list who’s in a city that you visit. But if you want to send more than one postcard for the kind of envelopes you’re sending, then you have to use the bigger box.
- First, determine your budget. Then, determine the number of items you’re sending.
- Last, double-check your mailing address. Each person on your list should receive one envelope to themselves that is cover stamped from your own address, so always check to double-check if you’re writing to the right recipient.
3. Where can I get affordable boxes when I need them?
Boxes are expensive. A single box can cost $10 or more, and that’s just not affordable for some people. However, there are ways to get affordable boxes when you need them.
4. What are the main types of mailer boxes, and what are they used for?
Mailer boxes are perfect for sending out marketing materials because they’re sturdy and durable, and they’re built to withstand the mailing process. This makes mailer boxes perfect for sending out catalogs, brochures, and magazines.
There are also smaller mailer boxes, like small postcards or Business Cards, which are perfect for sharing contact information. Let’s talk about their different features — and the wrong move could have cost you more money.
What Is a Mailer Box?
Mailer boxes come in all shapes and sizes, but there are three main types: flat, square, and hinged. Flat mailers look like normal magazines or adverts in a box. They are easy to use, but if you have unpleasant-looking printed images, you’ll need to transfer them to a glossy brochure board, which is easy to do.
What’s good about square mailers is that they don’t cost much more than circular or rounded mailers. This places them perfectly at the perfect place to start your mail campaign. These mailers, however, come with a downside, as they are suddenly smaller than full-sized mailers.
Mailer boxes are an essential part of any direct mailing campaign, so it’s important to have a solution in place that makes picking them up simple and affordable. You can order custom packaging at a wholesale rate with the best-in-class quality.
2 thoughts on “The Ultimate Guide to Mailer Boxes: How Many Do I Need, and Where Can I Get Them?”
[…] as easy as it may seem. However, medical research labs are working on developing better tincture packaging materials to make sure that your medicine remains fresh and potent all the […]
[…] is one of the most popular ways to receive email online. With a quick click of the print button on your browser, you can read important messages, […]